Saturday, 28 June 2014
New season 2014-2015 in Opéra de Lausanne
Eight operas will be performed in Lausanne, Switzerland, during the 2014-2015 season, including two composed in the 21st Century.
- Jules Massenet : Manon, conducted by Jesus Lopez Cobos, directed by Arnaud Bernard (new production) ;
- Michaël Levinas : Le Petit prince, conducted by Arie van Beek, directed by Lilo Baur (world première). This children opera, with a libretto based on Saint-Exupéry's novel, will also be performed in Geneva, Lille, Liège and Paris ;
- Franz Lehar : Die lustige Witwe, conducted by Cyril Diederich, directed by Jérôme Savary (first performed in Paris in October 2005) ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Die Entführung aus dem Serail, conducted by Laurent Gendre, directed by Tom Ryser (new production) ;
- Giuseppe Verdi : La Traviata, conducted by Corrado Rovaris, directed by Jean-Louis Grinda (first performed in Monte-Carlo in January 2013) ;
- Gioachino Rossini : Tancredi, conducted by Ottavio Dantone, directed by Emilio Sagi (new production) ;
- Daï Fujikura : Solaris, conducted by Erik Nielsen, directed by Saburo Teshigawara. The opera was first performed in Bregenz in July 2012. This is the third production, first to be performed in Paris in March 2015 ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Die Zauberflöte, conducted by Diego Fasolis, directed by Pet Halmen (revival from a production first performed in March 2010).
This is quite an interesting season, with two modern works confronting 6 operas of the classical and romantic eras.