Saturday, 28 June 2014
New season 2014-2015 at the Kongelige Teater in Copenhagen
Fourteen opera will be performed in Copenhagen during the 2014-2015 season, including two operas by Carl Nielsen for the celebration of his 150th birthday, and two world premières.
The two world premières are :
- Pelle Gudmundsen-Holmgreen : Sol går op, sol går ned (Sun goes up, sun goes down), conducted by Jakob Hultberg, directed by Eva-Maria Melbye, in January 2015 ;
- Bo Holten : Gesualdo - Shadows, conducted by the composer, in November 2014.
Another contemporary opera, Magnar Åm's Is-Slottet (The Ice Castle) will be performed there in October 2014, shorlty after the world première by Den Ny Opera in Esbjerg in September.
Other operas to be performed are :
- Richard Strauss : Der Rosenkavalier, conducted by Michael Boder, directed by Marco Arturo Marelli ;
- Giacomo Puccini : Tosca, conducted by Ivan Anguélov, directed by Peter Langdal ;
- Dmitri Shostakovich : Lady Macbeth from the Mtsensk district, conducted by Alexander Vedernikov, directed by Peter Konwitschny ;
- Alban Berg : Lulu, conducted by Michael Boder, directed by Stefan Herheim ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Die Zauberflöte, conducted by Rory McDonald, directed by Marco Arturo Marelli ;
- Georg Friedrich Haendel : Alcina, conducted by Lars Ulrik Mortensen, directed by Francisco Negrin ;
- Carl Nielsen : Maskarade, conducted by Per Otto Johansson, directed by Kasper Holten ;
- Carl Nielsen : Saul og David, conducted by Michael Schønwandt, directed by David Pountney ;
- Giuseppe Verdi : Les Vêpres siciliennes, conducted by Paolo Carignani, directed by Stefan Herheim.
Two visiting productions from the Jyske Opera are also invited :
- Giacomo Puccini : La Bohème, conducted by Michael Balke, directed by Alfonso Romero Mora ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Cosi fan tutte, conducted by Bejamin Bayl, directed by Elisabeth Linton.