Friday, 16 May 2014
2014-2015 season at the Opera Ballet Vlaanderen in Gent and Antwerpen
Seven operas will be performed in Gent and Antwerpen during the 2014-2015 season of the Opera Vlaanderen :
- Richard Strauss : Elektra, conducted by Dmitri Jurowski, directed by David Bösch (new production) ;
- Modest Mussorgsky : Khovanshchina, conducted by Dmitri Jurowski, directed by David Alden (new production) ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Cosi fan tutte, conducted by Umberto Benedetti Michelangeli, directed by Guy Joosten (premièred in March 2009) ;
- Philip Glass : Akhnaten, conducted by Titus Engel, directed by Nigel Lowery (new production) ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Don Giovanni, conducted by Alexander Joel, directed by Guy Joosten (production to be premièred next month) ;
- Jacques Fromental Halévy : La Juive, conducted by Tomas Netopil, directed by Peter Konwitschny (new production) ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Le Nozze di Figaro, conducted by Paul McCreesh, directed by Guy Joosten (first performed in December 1999).
In addition to these 7 works in 5 languages, Opera XXI will present for the 4th time some contemporary works, including a world première :
- Annelies Van Parys : Private View, conducted by by Etienne Siebens, directed by Tom Creed ;
- Dominique Pauwles : L'Autre hiver, conducted by Filip Rathé, directed by Denis Marleau and Stéphanie Jasmin ;
- Serge Verstockt : Hrzschmrz, opéra de trash ;
- Andrea Molino : - there is no why here -, conducted by the composer, directed by Wouter Van Looy (first performed in Bologna, last April) .