Thursday, 14 February 2019
New programme book in my collection : 'Fin de partie' by György Kurtag in Milano
This afternoon, I have finally received the programme book published by the Teatro alla Scala in Milano for the world première of György Kurtag's Fin de partie, on November 15, 2018.
It is a 156 pages book. It contains :
- the complete libretto, in French with Italian translation ;
- synopsis, in Italian, French, English, German, Japanese and Russian ;
- György Kurtag, by Luciana Galliano ;
- L'Opera in breve, by Cesare Fertonani ;
- La musica, by Cesare Fertonani ;
- Fine del racconto, by Ugo Volli ;
- Lampi di poesia in un'umanità alla deriva, by Gianluigi Mattietti ;
- 'Fin de partie' di Kurtag, by stage director Pierre Audi, translated from the English by Arianna Ghilardotti, in Italian and in English (Kurtag's 'Fin de partie') ;
- biographies of production team members and cast with headshots ;
- several colour photos of rehearsals, sketches for the costumes, pages of the score.
I now have 636 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned and uploaded all the covers to this flickr folder.