Wednesday, 6 February 2019
New programme book : 'Elizabetta' by Gabriel Prokofiev in Regensburg
This morning, I have received the programme book published by the Theater Regensburg for the world première of Elizabetta, an opera composed by Gabriel Prokofiev, grandson of Sergei.
It is a 36 pages booklet. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- synopsis ;
- Geheime Leidenschaften und die Scheinheiligkeit der 'Health & Beauty'-Welt (Secret passions the hypocrisy of the 'Health and Beauty' world) : an interview with Gabriel Prokofiev, by Christina Schmidt, dramaturge ;
- Zum Sterben schön - Leben auf Kosten anderer (Beautiful to die for - life at the expense of others), by Christina Schmidt ;
- Elisabeth Bathory, by Ole Lux ;
- Alles für die Schönheit ? Der Mythos der Blutgräfin (Everything for the beauty ? The myth of the blood countess), by Christina Schmidt and Ole Lux ;
- Ewiges Leben : Möglich, aber wenig sinnvoll (Eternal life : Possible, but not very useful), an interview with Bertram Weiss, by Eckart Voland ;
- Baustelle Ich, by Melanie Mühl (reproduced from the Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper) ;
- biographies of production team members with colour headshots ;
- several colour photos of rehearsals.
The programme book is entirely in German.
I now have 634 programme books for contemporary operas. All covers are available in this flickr folder.