Friday, 1 February 2019
New in my collection : programme for 'Lorelei' by Julian Langdon in Melbourne
I have recently received the programme brochure published by Victorian Opera in Melbourne for the world première performance of Lorelei, the 'operatic cabaret' composed by Julian Langdon, Casey Bennetto and Gillian Cosgriff, first performed on November 3, 2018.
It is a 24 pages brochure. It contains :
- complete cast ;
- production team ;
- Welcome, by Artistic Director Richard Mills ;
- Director's Note, by Director Sarah Giles ;
- Musical Director's Note, by Musical Director Phoebe Briggs ;
- The Lorelei - In Legeng, excerpt of Heinrich Heine's poem, translated in English ;
- biographies of the artists, with headshots.
I now have 613 programme books for contemporary operas. I have uploaded all scanned covers to this flickr folder.