Thursday, 7 February 2019
Received this morning : programme book for '7 Minuti' by Giorgio Battistelli in Nancy
This morning, I have received the programme book published by the Opéra National de Lorraine in Nancy for the world première of 7 Minuti by Giorgio Battistelli, on February 1, 2019.
It is a 96 pages book. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- biography of the composer and librettist Giorgio Battistelli ;
- biography of Stefano Massini, author of the original play ;
- synopsis ;
- Echos de la composition - Opéra pour le temps présent (Echoes of the Composition - Opera for the Present Time), based on an interview of the composer, by dramaturge Carmelo Agnello ;
- Echos de la scène (Echoes of the Stage), by director Michel Didym ;
- Une pièce, le théâtre de Stefano Massini ( A Play, Stefano Massini's Theatre) ;
- Un opéra, les raisons de Giorgio Battistelli (An Opera, Giorgio Battistelli's Reasons) ;
- Titles and duration of the 3 'Tableaux' and 30 scenes of the opera ;
- Conseil d'usine, by Antonio Gramsci, published in L'Ordine nuovo (Turin) on June 5, 1920 ;
- Retour aux sources : les coulisses d'une révolution, by K. Naumov, published in Les Journées d'Octobre (1924) ;
- Un combat pour la dignité ? L'histoire, la vraie !, by Fanny Gallot, reproduced from her blog ;
- Où est la politique ? Vide honteux, by Stefano Massini, excerpt of an article published in La Repubblica in July 2018 ;
- complete libretto ;
- biographies of the artists with black and white headshots ;
- several colour photos of rehearsals.
The book is entirely in French.
I now have 635 programme books for contemporary operas. All scanned covers are available in this flickr folder.