Friday, 22 February 2019
New programme books in my collection
This morning, I have received two programme books for contemporary operas :
- Benet Casablancas, L'enigma di Lea, Barcelona, February 9, 2019 ;
- Anno Schreier, Schade, dass sie eine Hure war, Düsseldorf, February 16, 2019.
The first one is a 94 pages book. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- biography of the composer ;
- Christina Scheppelmann : Sobre 'L'enigma di Lea' ;
- Carme Portaceli : Sobre la producción ;
- synopsis with musical comments (bilingual, Spanish and English) ;
- Rafael Argullol : 'L'enigma di Lea', un cuento mítico ;
- Germán Gan Quesada : La obra de Benet Casablancas : cuatro décadas de hallazgos sonoros ;
- interview with Alison Cook ;
- Javier Pérez Senz : Benet Casablancas, un retrato discográfico ;
- biographies of the artists with black and white headshots.
The programme is entirely in Spanish and contains several photos of rehearsals.
The second is a 48 pages book. It contains :
- synopsis ;
- Bernhard Klaus Tragelehn : Das Leben John Fords, Anmerkungen ;
- Hella Bartnig : " 'Tis pity she's a whore' : Sujet und Adressat ;
- Hella Bartnig : Eine Oper der Affekte, dialogue with the composer ;
- biographies of composer Anno Schreier and librettist Kerstin Maria Pöhler ;
- Laster und Tabubrüche auf der Opernbühne ;
- Robert Musil : Der Mann ohne Eigenschaften (excerpt) ;
- several colour photos of rehearsals ;
- synopsis in English.
The book is entirely in German. It contains a separate 12 pages booklet with biographies of the artists and a 4 pages leaflet with the complete cast and crew.
I have recently acquired four other programme books :
- Azio Corghi, Tat'jana, Milano, October 20, 2000 (world première) ;
- Salvatore Sciarrino, Perseo e Andromeda, Milano, March 27, 1992 (world première in Stuttgart on January 27, 1991) ;
- Manfred Trojahn, War ihr wollt, Hannover, December 8, 2018 (world première in München on May 24, 1998) ;
- Mark Anthony Turnage, Anna Nicole, Nürnberg, November 3, 2018 (world première in London on February 17, 2011).
I now have 642 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned all the covers and uploaded them to this flickr folder.