Sunday 13 April 2014

Pictures of musical places on flickr


I have uploaded a lot of pictures I took in the last few years on flickr.

Here is the link to my gallery there :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22297671@N03/

I have stored them in different sets :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22297671@N03/sets/

Here are some examples of music-related pictures you can find there :

- graves of Benjamin Britten and Peter Pears, in Aldeburgh :


- bust of Ludwig van Beethoven in the Golden Gate Park, San Francisco :


- bust of Hector Berlioz in the Palais Garnier, Paris :


- statue of Richard Wagner in front of the Festspielhaus in Bayreuth (the picture was taken in 2013. I am not sure the statue is still there in 2014) :


- bust of Carl Maria von Weber in the Nationaltheater in Munich :


- statue of Herbert von Karajan in front of his birthplace in Salzburg :


- plaque on the birthplace of composer Emile Waldteufel in Strasbourg :


I have lots of pictures of graves and commemorative plaques related to music in Paris, but I am not uploading them yet. For example, here is the plaque you can see on the building where Francis Poulenc was born :


There might be more pictures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment