Tuesday, 15 April 2014
New Season 2014-2015 at the Gärtnerplatztheater in Munich
The following operas will be performed by the ensemble of the Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz during the 2014-2015 season :
5 new productions, including one world première :
- Benjamin Britten : Peter Grimes, in the Prinzregententheater, conducted by Marco Comin, directed by Balazs Kovalik ;
- Johann Strauß : Wiener Blut, in the Cuvilliéstheater, conducted by Michael Brandstätter, directed by Nicole Claudia Weber ;
- Mark Schubring : Gefährlich Liebschaften, after Choderlos de Laclos' Liaisons dangereuses, conducted by Andreas Kowalewitz, directed by Josef E. Köpplinger (world première), in the Cuvilliéstheater ;
- Hervé : Dr. Faust jun. (after Le Petit Faust, probably in German), conducted by Michael Brandstätter, directed by Rudolf Frey, in the Reithalle ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Cosi fan tutte, conducted by Michael Brandstätter, directed by Olivier Tambosi, in the Cuvilliéstheater.
Three revivals will complete the season :
- Emmerich Kalman : Die Zirkusprinzessin in the Circus Krone ;
- Giuseppe Verdi : Aida, in the Prinzregententheater ;
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart : Die Entführung aus dem Serail, in the Prinzregententheater.