Monday, 28 April 2014
New 2014-2015 Season at the Théâtre du Capitole in Toulouse
Next season, the following operas will be performed in Toulouse :
- Giuseppe Verdi : Un Ballo in maschera, conducted by Daniel Oren, directed by Vincent Boussard (new production) ;
- Benjamin Britten : Owen Wingrave (revival from Frankfurt, January 2010) and The Turn of the Screw (new production), conducted by David Syrus, directed by Walter Sutcliffe ;
- Amadeo Vives : Doña Francisquita, conducted by Josep Caballé Domenech, directed by Emiliio Sagi (revival, first performed in June 2007) ;
- Richard Wagner : Tristan und Isolde, conducted by Claus Peter Flor, directed by Nicolas Joel (revival, first performed in March 2007) ;
- George Gershwin : Porgy and Bess, conducted by William Barkhymer, directed by Baayork Lee (1980s production from the New York Harlem Theatre, already performed all over the world) ;
- Jean-Philippe Rameau : Castor et Pollux, conducted by Christophe Rousset, directed by Mariame Clément (first performed in Vienna in January 2011) ;
- Wolfgang Mitterer : Massacre, conducted by Peter Rundel, directed by Ludovic Lagarde (opera first performed in Vienna in 2003, production premiered in Porto in 2008) ;
- Sergei Prokofiev : Betrothal in a Monastery, conducedt by Tugan Sokhiev, directed by Martin Duncan (revival from Toulouse, January 2011) ;
- Giacomo Puccini : Turandot, conducted by Stefan Solyom, directed by Calixto Bieito (new production) ;
- Philippe Servain : War of the Buttons, conducted by Christophe Larrieu, directed by Charlotte Nessi (children opera first performed in 1996, revival from a 2013 production).
With 11 operas (including a double bill evening) in six languages, the Théâtre du Capitole gives a wide survey of opera, from the baroque era (Rameau) to the contemporary (Mitterer), with 8 operas composed in the last 100 years !