Thursday 9 January 2020

Today : new programme book in my collection, 'The Selfish Giant' in Melbourne


Today, I have receveid the programme book for the world première of Simon Bruckard's opera The Selfish Giant. It was first performed at the Gasworks Theatre in Melbourne, on October 16, 2019.


It is a 12 pages brochure. It contains :

- complete cast ;
- complete production team ;
- Simon Bruckard : composer's note ;
- Emma Muir-Smith : librettist's note ;
- synopsis ;
- biographies with headshots.

I now have 711 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned all the covers and uploadedthe images to this flickr folder.

Recently, I have started to catalogue all the programme books I have on LibraryThing. I hope to complete the task before the beginning of April 2020. Here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment