Monday, 6 May 2019
New programme book in my collection : 'Thérèse' by Philipp Maintz in Salzburg
This morning, I have received the programme book published by the Easter Festival in Salzburg for the world première performance of Thérèse, a chamber opera composed by Philipp Maintz.
It is a 92 pages book. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- Johannes Blum : I Never Wanted to Write this Libretto, interview with Otto Katzameier ;
- Johannes Blum : What You Place Under the Surface, interview with Philipp Maintz ;
- Johannes Blum : Dead Ends - Émile Zola and his Novel 'Thérèse Raquin' ;
- synopsis ;
- complete libretto ;
- biographies of the artists, with colour headshots ;
- several colour photos of rehearsals.
The entire book is bilingual (German and English).
I now have 652 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned all the covers and uploaded the images to this flickr folder.