Sunday, 11 November 2018
New audio and video recordings in my collection
I have recently acquired the following recordings of contemporary operas :
- John Adams : Doctor Atomic, conducted by John Adams, recorded in London (April 2017), published by Nonesuch Records (CD) ;
- Brett Dean : Hamlet, conducted by Vladimir Jurowski, directed by Neil Armfield, recorded in Glyndebourne (July 2017), published by Opus Arte (Blu-ray) ;
- Sebastian Fagerlund : Höstsonaten (Autumn Sonata), conducted by John Storgårds, recorded in Helsinki (September 2017), published by Bis (CD) ;
- John Harbison : Winter's Tale, conducted by Gil Rose, recorded at Mechanics Hall (Worcester, MA) in March 2009, published by BMOP Sound (CD) ;
- Bo Holten : Gesualdo Shadows, conducted by Bo Holten, directed by Deda Cristina Colonna, recorded at The Funen Opera, Odense (November 2016), published by Dacapo (DVD) ;
- Tod Machover : Death and the Powers, conducted by Nicole Paiement, directed by Diane Paulus, recorded in the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, Dallas, TX (February 2014), published by the Dallas Opera (Blu-ray) ;
- Thea Musgrave : Mary, Queen of Scots, conducted by Peter Mark, recorded in Norfolk (VA) in April 1979, published by Lyrita (CD) ;
- Marcello Panni : Hanjo, conducted by Carlo Boccadoro, directed by Cesare Scarton, recorded in Teatro Palladium in Rome (November 2016), published by EMA Vinci Records (DVD) ;
- Seppo Pohjola : The Closet and My Dearest, conducted by Tuomas Rousi, recorded in Kuusankoski (September 2007) and published by Alba (CD) ;
- Aribert Reimann : L'Invisible, conducted by Donald Runnicles, recorded in Berlin (October 2017) and published by Oehms Classics (CD) ;
- Alessandro Solbiati : Leggenda, conducted by Gianandrea Noseda, directed by Stefano Poda, recorded in Torino (September 2011), published by EMA Vinci Records (DVD) ;
- Maurizio Squillante : The Wings of Daedalus, recorded in Rome (2008) and published by Wergo (CD).
I have catalogued all my opera recordings on LibraryThing.