Thursday, 7 January 2016
Two new program books in my collection !
This Thursday morning, I have received in the mail two program books :
- Johanna Doderer, Fatima, oder von den mutigen Kindern, Wien, December 23rd, 2015 ;
- Dominique Gesseney-Rappo, Carlotta ou la Vaticane, Fribourg, December 31st, 2015.
The first one is a 16 pages brochure. It is entirely in German. It contains :
- synopsis ;
- dates and facts (duration, characters, introduction by the composer) ;
- short biography of the composer ;
- 3 questions to the composer ;
- 3 questions to the stage director ;
- a glossary of the main opera terms explained to children ;
- colour photos of the production.
The second one is a 44 pages book. It is mainly in French. It contains :
- calendar of performances in Fribourg and Bulle ;
- complete cast and crew ;
- preface by the stage director (in French and German) ;
- detailed synopsis (in French and German) ;
- preface by the librettist ( in French and German) ;
- biographies of the artists (with black and white headshots), only in French ;
- several colour pictures from the Vatican City.
The covers of the 384 program books for contemporary operas I have in my collection are available in this flickr folder.