Thursday, 8 March 2018
Receivd this morning : program book for 'Lunea' by Heinz Holliger in Zurich
This Thursday morning, I have received in the mail the program book published by Opernhaus Zürich for the world première performance of Lunea, composed by Heinz Holliger. It took place on March 4.
It is a 96 pages book. It contains :
- color photos of rehearsals ;
- detailed synopsis, scene by scene ;
- Fantasie, die keine Grenzen kennt, interview with composer Heinz Holliger, by Claus Spahn ;
- Der Künstler als Getriebener - Über das Leben des Dichters Nikolaus Lenau, by Michael Ritter ;
- Lunea - Eine Mondoper - Zur Musik von Heinz Holligers neuem Werk für Musiktheater, by Roman Brotbeck ;
- Kammerspielartige Verdichtung, interview with director Andreas Homoki, by Claus Spahn ;
- Asche, im Mörser zerrieben, by librettist Händl Klaus ;
- Höchste Freude unf tiefste Düsterkeit, excerpts from letters by Nikolaus Lenau to Sophie von Löwenthal ;
- complete libretto.
The book is entirely in German. There is also a 16 pages booklet with the complete cast and biographies of the artists, with black and white headshots.
I now have 519 progrm books for contemporary operas. I have scanned all covers and uploaded them to this flickr folder.