Thursday, 23 February 2017
Received this morning : programme book for Avner Dorman's 'Wahnfried' in Karlsruhe
This Thursday morning, I have received the programme book published by the Staatstheater Karlsruhe for the world première performance of Avner Dorman's opera Wahnfried.
It is a 52 pages brochure. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- color phots of rehearsals ;
- Familiendämmerung, detailed scene by scene synopsis ;
- Keine Randnotiz ! Zum Werk, by composer Avner Dorman ;
- Houston, wir haben ein Problem, Notizen zu Wahnfried, by librettists Lutz Hübner and Sarah Nemitz ;
- Zeittafel, chronology of Houston Chamberlain's life, from 1855 to 1945 ;
- Wagnertheater, zur Inszenierung, interview with stage director Keith Warner, by dramaturgist Raphael Rösler ;
- biographies of the artists, with color headshots ;
- biographies of the characters of the opera.
The programme is entirely in English.
I now have 443 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned the covers and uploaded them to this flickr folder.