Thursday, 18 February 2016
New recordings of contemporary operas in my collection
I have recently acquired the following opera recordings on CD :
- John Carbon : Benjamin, conducted by William Wright, Zimbel, 2006 ;
- Beat Furrer : Begehren, conducted by Beat Furrer, Kairos, 2003 ;
- Ricky Ian Gordon : The Grapes of Wrath, conducted by Grant Gershon, PS Classics, 2007 ;
- Marcel Landowski : Montségur, conducted by Michel Plasson, Cybelia, 1987 ;
- John Musto : The Inspector, conducted by Glen Cortese, Wolf Trap, 2011 ;
- Gérard Pesson : Forever Valley, conducted by Vincent Leterme, assai, 2002 ;
- Robin de Raaff : Waiting for Miss Monroe, conducted by Steven Sloane, Challenge, 2012 ;
- Joseph Summer : The Tempest, conducted by Stefan Lano, Albany, 2015.
I also bought the following DVD :
- José Luis Turina : D. Q. Don Quijote en Barcelona, conducted by Josep Pons, directed by La Fura dels Baus (Alex Ollé and Carlos Padrissa), Fundacio Gran Teatre del Liceu, 2000.