Tuesday, 7 April 2015
New Season 2015-2016 at the Landestheater in Linz
This Tuesday morning, I have received in the mail the program book for the 2015-2016 season at the Landestheater in Linz, Austria.
The season includes 8 new productions :
- Giuseppe Verdi, La Traviata, conducted by Daniel Spaw, directed by Robert Wilson ;
- Grigori Frid, Das Tagebuch der Anne Frank, conducted by Borys Sitarski, directed by Thomas Barthol ;
- Franz Lehar, Die lustige Witwe, conducted by Daniel Linton-France, directed by Michiel Dijkema ;
- Engelbert Humperdinck, Hänsel und Gretel, conducted by Takeshi Moriuchi, directed by Rainer Mennicken ;
- William Bolcom, McTeague, conducted by Dennis Russell Davies, directed by Matthias Davids (Europrean première) ;
- Claude Debussy, Pelléas et Mélisande, conducted by Dennis Russell Davies, directed by Achim Freyer ;
- Domenico Cimarosa, L'Impresario in angustie (in German), conducted by Marc Reibel, directed by John F. Kutil ;
- Moritz Eggert, Terra Nova oder das weisse Leben, conducted by Dennis Russell Davies, directed by Carlus Padrissa (world première).
This is quite an interesting season, with 1 world première and 1 European première, Bolcom's McTeague joining Harbison's The Great Gatsby, which will have its continental première in Dresden.