Friday, 11 October 2019
New programme book in my collection : 'The Flood' by Francesco Filidei in Paris
Yesterday, I have received the programme book published by the Opéra Comique in Paris for the world première of L'Inondation (The Flood), an opera composed by Francesco Filidei, first performed on September 27, 2019.
It is a 84 pages book. It contains :
- complete cast ;
- Agnès Terrier : À lire avant le spectacle ;
- Marion Boudier : Argument ;
- Intentions, interview with director Joël Pommerat and composer Francesco Filidei ;
- Éric Soyer (set designer) : Intentions scénographiques ;
- Isabelle Duffin (costume designer) : Le processus créatif des costumes ;
- Interprètes et personnages, the singers about their characters ;
- Emilio Pomàrico (conductor) : Le regard du chef d'orchestre ;
- complete and detailed orchestral setting ;
- Marion Boudier : Joël Pommerat et les compositeurs ;
- L'Inondation à l'Opéra Comique : chronological overview from the choice of the subject to the first performance ;
- complete libretto ;
- biographies of artists.
The book is entirely in French. It contains lots of colour photographs of rehearsals.
I now have 684 programme books for contemporary operas. I have scanned all the covers and uploaded the pictures to this flickr folder.