Friday, 10 March 2017
Received this morning : programme book for Wigglesworth's 'The Witner's Tale' in London (ENO)
This Friday morning, I have received in the mail the programme book published by the English National Opera in London for the world première of Ryan Wigglesworth's opera The Winter's Tale.
It is a 68 pages book. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- synopsis ;
- The Winter's Tale : the Composer's View, by Ryan Wigglesworth ;
- Ryan Wigglesworth : An Overview, by Julian Anderson ;
- A Tale of Contrasts, by stage director Rory Kinnear ;
- 'A sad tale's best for winter', by Jonathan Bate ;
- biographies of the artists, with B&W headshots.
It is my 448th programme book for contemporary operas. All covers have been scanned and uploaded to this flickr folder.