Thursday, 9 March 2017
Received this morning : programme book for Scartazzini's 'Edward II.' in Berlin
This morning, I have received in the mail the programme book published by the Deutsche Oper Berlin for the world première performance of Andrea Lorenzo Scartazzini's opera Edward II. on February 19, 2017.
It is a 72 pages book. It contains :
- synopsis, by stage director Christof Loy ;
-Überlagerungen, by Dorothea Hartmann ;
- Menschenjagd, by Walter Sofsky ;
- Absetzung und Tyrannenmord, by Kristin Marek ;
- Anpassungsstörungen, by Yvonne Gebauer ;
- complete libretto by Thomas Jonigk ;
- synopsis in English ;
- biographies of librettist and composer ;
- color photos of the piano dress rehearsal on February 9 (by Monika Rittershaus) ;
- various texts by Thomas Bernhard, Wolfgang Sofsky ;
- numerous illustrations : director's sketches, composer's handwritten sketches, drawings by Marko Velk.
There is a separate 4 pages booklet with complete cast and crew and biographies of conductor and singers.
I now have 447 programme books for contemporary operas. All scanned covers are in this flickr folder (more to come soon).