Friday, 25 March 2016
Received in the mail : programme book for Rolf Wallin's 'Elysium' in Oslo
This morning, I have received in the mail the programme book published by the Norwegian National Opera in Oslo for the world première performance of Rolf Wallin's opera, Elysium.
It is a 40 pages booklet. It contains :
- the complete synopsis of the opera ;
- several color photos of the production ;
- Teknologi og kjærlighet, a conversation with the composer Rolf Wallin (Technology and love) ;
- Musikalsk samtale, by Bodil Maroni Jensen (Musical conversation) ;
- Norges første kyborg, by Hedda Høgåsen-Hallesby (Norway's first cyborg) ;
- En chip og millarder av mennesker i hodet, by Arnfinn Christensen (A chip and billions of people in the head) ;
- biographies of composer, librettist, conductor, director, set and costume designer and lighting designer.
It is entirely in Norwegian. There is an English translation of the synopsis. The cast is not included. I have added it to my collection of 402 programmes for contemporary operas.