Friday, 27 March 2015
Received in the mail this morning : program book for Johannes Harneit's 'Abends am Fluss / Hochwasser' in Heidelberg
This Friday morning, I have received in the mail the program book published by Theater und Orchester Heidelberg for the world première performance of Abends am Fluss and Hochwasser, two operas composed by Johannes Harneit. The first performance was on February 6th.
It is a 40 pages brochure. It contains :
- complete cast and crew ;
- color photos of the production ;
- synopses of both operas ;
- biographies of the composer and the librettist ;
- an article by the librettist on writing the libretti ;
- 3 stanzas from a poem by Ferdinand Freiligrath, Die Revolution ;
- a conversation with the production team : composer, director (Peter Konwitschny), sets and costumes designer (Helmut Brade) and dramaturgist Bettina Bartz ;
- a poem by Paul Celan ;
- an article by Rosa Luxemburg ;
- a text by Karl Jaspers, philosopher and psychiatrist ;
- biographies of the cast and crew members, with black and white photos.
It is entirely in German.